Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our lives since the wedding!

Greetings from sunny San Diego!

I have been noticing quite a few Navy wives have blogs that they update so their friends and family back home can see what they are up to! So I figured why not!

Our lives have been crazy since the wedding! The weekend after the wedding Derek got his wings and is now an official Naval Aviator! He will be flying the SH-60 Romeo which is the newest helicopter in the Navy. After his winging we had about 2 weeks to pack up and start our trip to San Diego! We made the trip in 4 days; the first day we drove 10 hours and spent the night in Austin, TX. Next we drove to El Paso, TX and stayed with my friend Jenny and her husband Trevor for 2 days. The View from jenny and Trevor's was amazing! Then on our final 10 hour day of driving we stopped at a winery on our way out of Texas, it was so pretty and we made a couple new friends :)
View from Jenny and Trevor's Drive way
At the winery in Texas



We spent our first full day in San Diego looking for a place to live. We really liked the downtown San Diego area so that's where we found our new home! Its a 2 bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath. I will post more pictures once I get everything put together.  As you can see from the pictures below we have a GREAT view! Its a perfect location we can pretty much walk to everything! Its only a 10-15 min drive to North Island (Coronado) where Derek works and where we grocery shop.








 
We are still getting use to the change in lifestyle! Everything is way more expensive in California! But we expected that! Either way we love it and visitors are always welcome! We have a guest bedroom with your name on it!

This weekend we are going to Temecula, which is about an hour north of San Diego. There are a ton of wineries, apple orchards and pumpkin patches! I am super excited!

 That's all for now! Miss everyone! XoXo



3 comments:

  1. Derek and Megan,
    Jesse and I can't wait to take a trip out west to see you.
    It's been a while since I've been back there.
    Once we get through the crazy holidays......?
    CCongrats Megan on your determination and never give up attitude on your job hunting! I knew it would pay off eventually! Your momma is VERY PROUD of you!
    We wish you the best on your new home, your new life together as husband and wife and your new job! (s) Love you both!
    Mom and Jesse
    Owensboro, KY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't miss that smog. Ice time there is pretty hard to get. Derek it may be time to take up inline, when I was there is was pretty big and a lot of fun, 4 v 4 leads to a lot of scoring.
    There was a league in Mission Valley but I think they moved.

    Mission beach has some fun bars on the beach, just keep that situational awareness up while you're out there.

    Have fun guys, miss you
    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blog!! You are making me push myself to get a little one up and running to I can also keep friends and family more updated on military life!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete